One of the key events during Baker Motor Company Charleston Fashion Week is a luncheon and fashion show benefiting MUSC Children's Hospital that raises more than $200,000.
• Brands: Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Smart, Sprinter
• Dealer: Tommy Baker
• Dealership Group: Baker Motor Company
• Full-time employees: 130
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,282, up 13%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 869, up 17%
• Cool perk: Gourmet food trucks at the dealership twice a week
• Employee benefit: Visiting nurse is available every month
• Matthew Scoggins, director of operations, on a change made in response to staff request: "Several employees expressed strong interest in eating healthier, exercise and a better work-life balance. We constructed a state-of-the-art gym for all dealer group employees to use, and we continue to encourage employees to live healthy lifestyles and participate in group fitness events. We also offer on-site personal training."
• Scoggins on hiring: "We developed a career track for new sales consultants whereby candidates are hired as delivery specialists, trained, acclimated to the Baker corporate culture and then promoted into a sales position. We offer similar career tracks for all of our departments to increase our opportunities of recruiting new talent to the organization."