Faulkner Subaru employees supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month
• Dealership Group: The Faulkner Organization
• General Manager: Doug Jones
• Full-time employees: 26
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 463 (Faulkner Organization acquired the dealership in May 2014.)
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 182
• Cool perk: Annual sales trip - the top two sales consultants based upon gross attainment and total vehicles delivered during the contest period are awarded an all-expense-paid vacation with their spouses to Montego Bay, Jamaica.
• Employee benefit: Quarterly activities such as paintball, skiing, zip lining or bowling
• Jones on supporting charities: "We get all of our employees involved in our charity support. Many of our charities were chosen because one of our employees or their family members or friends were helped through the charity."
• Jones on a change made in response to staff request: "I got a great idea from one of my reconditioning employees. We wash every vehicle that comes into our service department. When the technician is done with the vehicle, they pull it outside and give the keys to one of our reconditioning staff, then someone in the reconditioning department will wash it. "The recon department had no way of knowing if the vehicle was for a customer who was waiting in the lounge or if they dropped it off. If the customer was waiting, we needed to get the vehicle washed as soon as possible. One of my recon employees came up with the idea that when a technician is done servicing a customer-waiting vehicle, he turns on the emergency flashers so the recon employees know it's a service waiter and wash it right away. "This is working great and is speeding up the process. Everyone in the service department thought this simple-yet-effective solution was a great idea and let that employee know. I was going to buy that employee lunch that day, but I was too late - the service guys already took care of it."