Partnering with the Maine Lab Rescue, Patriot Subaru placed 11 dogs with new families. Patriot contributed $100 to the cost of each adoption.
• Dealer: Adam Arens
• Dealership Group:
• Full-time employees: 57
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,446, up 14%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 821, up 17%
• Cool perk: Employees and their spouse/significant other are eligible for a year-end bonus based on achievement of the dealership. The dealership has handed out more than $100,000 in bonuses annually at the holiday party.
• Employee benefit: Employees are encouraged to "Share the Love," in a giving program in which employees select charities they would like Patriot Subaru to support.
• Jackie Parker, finance, training and BDC manager, on compensation: "We have transitioned from commission to sales plus bonus. We have not lost any team members but are aware that gross-based pay still exists in the market and leverage that to our advantage."
• Parker on hiring: "Hiring from outside the retail automotive industry is our preference. We prefer to hire for attitude and aptitude, and we help them develop their skill set. We onboard and train diligently. We work with them individually to prepare them and counsel when they are not doing the right things. We measure, we observe, and we give feedback. We have found that others in our market who are successful where they are stay where they are. No need to recycle the poor performers."