Faulkner Subaru employees take on an obstacle course
• Dealership Group: The Faulkner Organization
• General Manager: Matt Smith
• Full-time employees: 46
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,276, up 30%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 767, up 17%
• Cool perk: Lunch is provided for all employees five times a month.
• Employee benefit: Employees get to enjoy a family day at a local amusement park and also an upscale holiday party at the prestigious Hotel Hershey.
• Brian Lee, general sales manager, on supporting charities: "We try to support charities that fall within our brand and company mission. Faulkner Subaru supports many animal-related charities such as Speranza and the Humane Society of Harrisburg, medical charities such as the Lymphoma & Leukemia Society of Central Pennsylvania and local athletic leagues and education programs."
• Lee on a change made in response to staff request: "Raven Linkens, our cashier, came to General Manager Matt Smith and asked if she could share an idea about how to better route phone calls through the dealership so few calls make it to voicemail while the dealership is open. This was implemented and is still in use today."
• Lee on hiring: "We prefer to hire salespeople and other nonservice department employees from outside the retail automotive industry because we have a process at our dealership that is easier to adopt for employees without industry knowledge or existing habits."