Fang, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers minor league baseball mascot, helps on the phones.
• Dealer: John Bergstrom
• Dealership Group: Bergstrom Automotive
• Full-time employees: 27
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 145 (Bergstrom acquired the dealership in early 2014.)
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 39
• Cool perk: A yearlong recognition program for every department culminates in a black-tie event at the local Performing Arts Center. Winners and their spouses or partners are treated to a first-class evening with valet parking, gourmet food stations, live music, a professional portrait photographer and presentation of awards.
• Employee benefit: Employees have the opportunity to give back to the community during work hours via Make-A-Wish or Drive for a Cure (breast cancer research) events.
• Eric Osborn, general sales manager, on rewarding employees: "At a general manager meeting, Scott Stielow, our vice president of operations, pointed out what a great job our receptionist/administrative assistant Theresa Dahl was doing on our Proactive Dealer Solutions log. She is very thorough logging the information. We can tell that it is a point of pride for her. When we told her we were going to take her out for a nice lunch, she was barely able to hold back the tears she was so appreciative. This is something that we will continue to do for her."