Storm cleanup team
• Dealer: Ira Rosenberg
• Dealership Group: Prime Motor Group
• Full-time employees: 30
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 224, down 23%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 502, up 1.2%
• Cool perk: Every year, employees are treated to a day at Canobie Lake Park in New Hampshire to enjoy fun with their families. This outing includes special edition Prime Motor Group T-shirts for the family as well as admission to the park and a catered lunch buffet. Employees get spending money to play games, buy souvenirs or enjoy concession food throughout the day. The outing runs from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Employee benefit: Quarterly cash bashes giving out as much as $10,000 based on performance
• Kathy Prior-Vaz, customer relations and public relations manager, on supporting charities: "We support many charities large and small and have stuck with them year after year. We receive hundreds of requests monthly from all sorts of nonprofit organizations and meet as a team monthly to go over the requests and decide which ones we can support. We try to stick to the nonprofits in our surrounding communities. We take pride in being able to not only donate money but our time to many organizations, as we have an employee volunteer time-off program where each employee can donate eight hours per calendar year to a nonprofit, and it is considered paid time off."
• Sales Manager Christine Crider on a change made in response to staff request: "We had a few comments from employees that the communication between sales and service could be improved. We have since implemented regular monthly full team meetings rather than having separate departmental meetings only. We have seen a dramatic increase in morale as well as customer satisfaction, employee relations and dealer profit as a result."
• Prior-Vaz on hiring: "We have always practiced hiring from outside the industry. We like to hire the consumer who knows how the consumer likes to be treated. We have had great success through training new hires the Prime Way. They donít tend to come with preconceived notions of how things should be done. Approximately 98 percent of all people hired are from outside the industry. We will hire some experienced people but are very selective when doing so."