Josh Hurley, new-car manager, and his ugly lamp award
• Dealer: Richard Garber
• Dealership Group: Garber Automotive Group
• Full-time employees: 88
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,088, up 1.2%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 523, down 0.9%
• Cool perk: Steak lunches for employees when the dealership performs exceptionally
• Employee benefit: Employees who go above and beyond on a monthly basis are taken out for lunch at the place of their choice.
• Office Manager Karla Lamson on compensation: "We have moved a couple of younger staff to a salary-plus-commission pay structure. The Y-Size Your Business book from Jason Dorsey, the speaker at the last Best Dealerships To Work For event, has really helped us relate to and hire the Y generation. We have implemented pieces such as pay plans to help hire and employ this generation."
• Lamson on supporting charities: "We get feedback and support consistently from the team of employees. In all cases, an employee has reached out to the leadership team and expressed passion about action groups for breast cancer awareness, heart disease and Alzheimer’s, and the employee leads the charge and efforts with support from the whole dealership. We love to empower the folks who work here to get involved with charities."