Hudson with a picture that every employee signed to thank him for his dedication.
• Dealer: Jim Hudson
• Dealership Group: Jim Hudson Automotive Group
• Full-time employees: 76
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 697, down 0.9%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 747, down 5.8%
• Cool perk: Employees can fulfill their desire to give back to the community in a significant way through dealership-sponsored programs.
• Employee benefit: Promotions within the auto group are encouraged.
• Hudson on supporting charities: "We have a page on our website for all community events and charities to apply, and we select via a committee. We are proud that we have been able to feed 1 million meals to less fortunate citizens in Columbia. We were also fortunate and able to donate land to Oliver Gospel Mission for an abused women's and children's shelter. We believe in giving back and enhancing our community."
• General Manager Robert Yeomans on a change made in response to staff request: "We had an associate say, 'In this industry, you always have to do something to get something. How about each month, we randomly just walk around with a "surprise and delight" such as a candy bar or ice cream sandwich and simply say, "Thank you for being on our team and just simply being you."?' We recognized the staffer with a gift card for her family to enjoy a meal together for such a positive suggestion."