Faulkner Nissan - Harrisburg’s 5K team sponsored and participated in a glow run to benefit the Harrisburg River Rescue.
• Dealership Group: The Faulkner Organization
• General Manager: Matt Smith
• Full-time employees: 50
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,218, up 85%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 666, up 68%
• Cool perk: All employees go on sponsored outings to local semipro sporting events: baseball, soccer and hockey.
• Employee benefit: Faulkner Nissan has established its own 5K running team. Team members exercise together and hold each other accountable for overall nutrition and fitness. They enter races to benefit charities in the community and have fun doing them.
• Nic Ramagosa, general sales manager, on supporting charities: "We choose charities in our community and surrounding areas that share our vision. Here at Nissan, we support mostly children's charities such as Children’s Miracle Network, Make-A-Wish, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, etc., as well as local children’s athletics."
• Ramagosa on a change made in response to staff request: "Our detailer noticed that the used-car manager spent a lot of time with vendors getting dents repaired, bumpers painted, etc. The detailer offered to handle the cars that needed repair until they were front-line ready and work with the vendors himself, allowing the used-car manager to do what he does best, sell cars. The detailer was rewarded by getting a raise of an extra hour per car."