The "Show You Care" effort raised $10,000 for the Heritage Agency on Aging's meals on wheels. Shown is the telethon, during which children of dealership employees answered phones.
• Dealer: Dave Wright
• Dealership Group:
• Full-time employees: 40
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 928, up 5.8%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 427, up 14%
• Cool perk: Annual Christmas party, where everyone gets money and prizes
• Employee benefit: Annual golf outing. All are invited to play golf and have a steak dinner afterward.
• Service Manager Keith Boesenberg on an example of promoting from within: "Scott Hansel started at age 16 as a part-time lot attendant. Now, he is a master certified tech for Nissan. He has been with the dealership 32 years."
• Wright on supporting charities: "I have a program called Show You Care. We buy TV commercials for up to 10 charities per month. Each month, we review applications submitted and select up to 10."
• Boesenberg on a change made in response to staff request: "We had a tech we asked to build and install a better lift system for engines and transmissions. It worked great, and the other techs really like it. He is going to build a couple more. We rewarded him with cash and dinner for him and his wife."
• Sales Manager Matt Hastings on hiring: "We really like to hire from outside the auto industry. We currently have salespeople from other fields such as banking, landscaping, restaurant managing and financial planning."