Niello Mini was part of a special event celebrating the granting of a local child's wish through Make-A-Wish to go to Disneyland. Employees put together an enchanted luncheon for the wish recipient and her family with a Tinkerbell-inspired celebration.
• Dealer: Richard Niello Jr.
• Dealership Group: The Niello Company
• Full-time employees: 52
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 505, down 6%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 348, up 64%
• Cool perk: Salesperson of the month honors, employee appreciation party and a general awareness of when lunch or dinner needs to be provided for a job well done.
• Employee benefit: If monthly goals are met, the staff does a group activity outside work such as bowling, go-carts or dinner.
• General Manager Matt Ryan on an example of promoting from within: "A true homegrown success story. Cha Vang started with Niello Mini as a lot porter. He is now a service adviser and consistently has the highest CSI and unsolicited positive responses from our clients. Cha started out at $8 per hour and now is on a fully commissioned adviser plan with the opportunity to control his own destiny."
• Service Manager Michele Shelton on a change made in response to staff request: "Quinton Brown, a service assistant, suggested that we put stop signs at our driveways. Auburn Boulevard can be very dangerous. We implemented the idea, and it surely has saved our customers and employees from accidents. Quinton was rewarded by being taken out to lunch."