The children at Berkshire Elementary have an all pink day as part of their fight against bullying. Many sent letters and pictures, shown on a dealership wall, to thank the dealership for supporting efforts against bullying.
• Dealership Group: Penske Automotive Group
• General Manager: Brent Caldwell
• Full-time employees: 59
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 968, up 5.4%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 755, down 13%
• Cool perk: Company contributes up to $500 into employees' health savings accounts
• Employee benefit: All nonsales employees can contribute $5 or $10 per week from their pay into a Holiday Club Account. If they are still employed during the first week of December, the company matches the dollar amount in the account. For salespeople, $10 for every car sold is put in the account, and they receive the company match in December.
• Cynthia Jarrell, Florida area human resources manager, on hiring: "We prefer to hire for positive attitude, willingness to learn, self-motivation, enthusiasm and work ethic — all determined through behavioral-based interviewing."