Employees show their Patriots Pride during the NFL playoffs.
• Brands: Ford, Mazda
• Dealer: David Rosenberg
• Dealership Group: Prime Motor Group
• Full-time employees: 60
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 602, up 7.9%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 904, up 19%
• Cool perk: Dome hockey table and massage chair in the showroom and a putting green at the dealership
• Employee benefit: At the end of a successful month, the sales team takes an off-site trip. A recent adventure involved chartering three offshore fishing vessels for 10 hours. The crew caught their limit of fish within the first three hours and celebrated with a buffet 25 miles offshore.
• Sales Manager Mike Mullen on a change made in response to staff request: "Within the last year, we had salesperson Dave Wallace approach us with an idea of setting up a sales office within the service department to launch a service-lane selling program. Dave went above and beyond with his plan and offered to hunt down the furnishings and purchased the same to get the project off the ground. The day following the approval, Dave was spackling the walls and rearranging the service waiting area. As a result of his initiative and drive, we were able to launch a very successful service-lane selling process that has resulted in sales and an increase of visibility within the dealership. Prime has created a culture that allows ideas to flow freely from the top to the bottom, which, in the end, is profitable for everyone."