• Dealer: Sam Slaughter
• Dealership Group: Sellers Auto Group
• Full-time employees: 170
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 2,355, up 16%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 1,276, up 18%
• Cool perk: Quarterly bonus to all employees for obtaining customer satisfaction goals. This bonus is the same dollar amount for all employees.
• Employee benefit: Dealership gives credit to be used toward food purchases at dealership cafe and buys each employee lunch on his or her birthday.
• Mary Rowley, SellersCare supervisor, on a change made in response to staff request: "A service employee recognized that the sales department was not informed when a delivery was completed in service, so they suggested we have one point of contact that all salespeople could go to with service issues, and this person would update them hourly. This employee was recognized and made part of the implementation process."
• Rowley on hiring: "We look at the candidates who apply and choose the best for the position regardless of if they have experience or are outside the retail auto environment."