• Dealer: Steve Finochio
• Dealership Group:
• Full-time employees: 144
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 4,009, down 2.6%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 833, up 2.7%
• Cool perk: Annual fishing trip — staff members and a guest are invited to a day of fishing on the Long Island Sound. Breakfast and lunch are provided. The employee who catches the biggest fish wins $500.
• Employee benefit: Salespeople who sell 30 cars in any given month receive a $1,000 bonus in addition to a $1,500 volume commission. They also receive an additional three days off. The $1,000 bonus must be used toward a vacation. Each month, at least one or two salespeople hit this bonus.
• General Manager Peter Petito on supporting charities: "Although impossible, Hillside Honda wishes we can help every charity that exists. We support charities that are near and dear to our hearts. Those on the front line such as military, police and firefighters who risk everything for us are the first ones we think of. We base our decision on the needs of our area and the local charities that will benefit the most from our help. We like to support our community as our community supports us."
• Petito on hiring: "Hillside Honda prefers to hire from outside the retail automotive industry. We find that hiring from outside the industry brings us new and innovative ideas from people in all types of places. We think it is more proficient to train salespeople with no experience as they do not carry any bad habits. Our sales process is unique, and the salespeople with no automotive experience tend to work out much better than those who ‘know it all.'"