Technicians enjoy the cupcake decorating contest on Valentine's Day.
• Dealership Group: Penske Automotive Group
• General Manager: Joseph Thomer
• Full-time employees: 42
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 450, down 16%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 536, down 6.6%
• Cool perk: Monthly catered lunches for all employees. Most lunches coincide with themed contests and raffles with prizes. And there is always lots of cake.
• Employee benefit: Tickets to various events, such as NASCAR and IndyCar races at the nearby Sonoma Raceway
• Thomer on supporting charities: "Mini of Marin chooses its charities based on community need and our staff’s personal life stories. Employees often approach our general manager or brand ambassador with charities they are passionate about. This factors greatly into the charities we support throughout the year. Nearly every charity we support has a connection to someone who works here."
• Thomer on a change made in response to staff request: "Last year, one of our staffers suggested having our holiday party include family and friends. The party is on-site during work hours, so it was difficult to accommodate this request. The idea was great, so we decided to throw a separate party off-site that included all of our staffers, friends and family. We reserved an entire park and had a food truck, Ben and Jerry’s mobile scoop cart, on-site massage therapists and a magician. We wanted a day to celebrate everyone, including the people who love who we love. It was a great suggestion and has now become a tradition we all look forward to."