Employees get a box of assorted meats for Labor Day.
• Dealer: Mike Basil
• Dealership Group:
• Full-time employees: 60
• 2014 new-vehicle sales: 1,281, down 5.6%
• 2014 used-vehicle sales: 654, down 34%
• Cool perk: Every year, Basil works with a local butcher and puts together a package of assorted meats for all the employees for Labor Day.
• Employee benefit: $100 Tuesday - once a year, Basil walks around the dealership and hands each employee a $100 bill and thanks them for their dedication and service.
• Walter Cook, business development center manager, on supporting charities: "The dealership is always reviewing several charities. Most recently, Mike Basil and General Manager Shannon Wilsman reached out to South Lockport Volunteer Fire Company to combine efforts to raise funds for a new set of Jaws of Life. Together, they raised a small portion of the cost, but in the end, Basil Toyota covered the entire cost of the equipment."
• Cook on a change made in response to staff request: "The best idea we had over the last year was forming sales teams on the sales floor. There is one team manager and three team members. The employee idea was a great hit, and we now have three teams in place."